Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1917 barrel?

I've trolled ebay on several occasions and been successful, but it's time consuming. The seller doesn't really know what they have, so you have to cast a wide net in your search terms.
    Found a pristine WRA Garand barrel.....just listed as 'old hunting rifle barrel'. Luckily he posted a pic with a mashed W logo. On another occasion found a McKeever pouch, NOS, listed as "leather ammo bag".
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Well folks, my $49.99 barrel arrived today. When the grease and cloth wrap were removed I discovered a new 1903 A3 barrel made by Remington in 8/44. Yes, it's a two groove but it's brand new. I'm pleased.

Sweeeet.

It's a shame you hadn't advertised for this a year- to a year and 1/2 ago. There are still barrels new in the wrap out there 03A3/03 and P-17 and yes I know that for a "fact" because I have held them in my hands. I also know for a fact that the guys that have some of those barrels still have them. Keep looking they are out there.

BudT
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH