Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I remember my first dedicated drill rifle.

It's long gone as are the few I picked up along the way. Bought them just to take a look for myself with the full intention of passing them along to others with similar interests. Just not my forte' but definitely worth the effort.
    The L59 and the much earlier Martini Fencing Musket are my favorites as far as display and conversation are concerned.

Don't know if youre fixing it or not as I type, but your last photo session isn't posting up.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Just saw that let me try and re do it. Pop ups are killing my IPAD. That fencing musket is exactly the type of training stuff I really enjoy.

Borrowed this photo from IMA-USA. Only to show those unfamiliar with the fencing musket. There are a few variations out there.

http://cdn1.ima-usa.com/media/catalo.../nb1907__1.jpg

Skip that as the photo is overly large. Took this from Rifleman.org.uk. Much nicer photo and it fits better.

Thanks to IMA all the same. I left the link intact without the img codes.
    Last edited by JB White; 01-25-2017 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Borrowed this photo from IMA-USA. Only to show those unfamiliar with the fencing musket. There are a few variations out there.

I saw that on there site but it's a little pricey.

LOL! I set a smaller pic and you quote to display it anyway. That's funny!

Here is another interesting DP rifle. Overwritten 1938 BSA on low wood stock with magazine cut out receiver. Barrel dated 1918. Appears to be DP rifle made out of a condemned rifle at the start off WW2 when the empire was short of rifles.IMG_1348.jpgIMG_1349.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    LOL! I set a smaller pic and you quote to display it anyway. That's funny!
    I'm a big dumb animal lol....I have no idea how to make it smaller....

I should add on the 1938 BSA it is all DP marked with white band. No sear or sear spring. Bolt head threads are worn badly. Stock set has more Dutchmens than a Dutch man. Bore is not bad but outside of barrel was rusted badly at some point. Sandblasted and refinished, apparantly nothing was waisted.

Okay now you got me on a roll here is my 1907 Mk 1 fenceing rifle. Still has volleysights.IMG_1350.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Here is another interesting DP rifle. Overwritten 1938 BSA on low wood stock with magazine cut out receiver. Barrel dated 1918. Appears to be DP rifle made out of a condemned rifle at the start off WW2 when the empire was short of rifles.IMG_1348.jpgIMG_1349.jpg
    Interesting piece for certain. Need to ask... How did you come by a 1938 being worn out before 1939?

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Okay now you got me on a roll here is my 1907 Mk 1 fenceing rifle. Still has volleysights.IMG_1350.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpg
    Now there is an intriguing piece of drill equipment