Default need some help on 38 lemon squeezer model

I need some help finding out what model my 38 caliber lemon squeezer is.
    Serial number is 108262. Any one familiar with these revolvers?
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

If this is a top break, it may be a .38 Safety Hammerless 3rd Model. This is based on the serial number (108262) These revolvers were manufactured c. 1890-1898 with a serial range of 42484-116002.

REF: Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd ed.
    Last edited by gwp; 01-25-2017 at 09:45.

I do not think he s taking about a standard type revolver but rather a round bodied round 'disk' that was held in the palm of the hand with a short barrel sticking between two fingers. A 'squeeze' lever was attached to the back as a trigger. They were made by several companies and many were unmarked as to a maker. Pictures would help!
    You can never go home again.

S&W made the Centennial that were called a Lemon squeezers because of the safety on the back of the grip. Like the 1900 Lugers had. Made from 1952 to 1974 in .38 S&W Special aka .38 Special. Pre-model 40 or pre model 42 were made then the standard was models became Centennial Model 40 and Model 42 Centennial Airweight. Is this what your looking for Matt?

Well a better description is certainly needed.

Thanks for the replies. I took it to a antique firearm dealer who specializes in Smith & Wesson revolvers. Made in late 1897, 3rd model safety hammerless top break in blue. Value is around 250.00. He rated it at 90% due to 4 small nicks and the barrel has some pits. I have shot it and am satisfied with the performance. At 10 ft. shot into a wolmanized 2 ×12 penetration was an inch and a quarter. It almost made it through! It's a nice piece!
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt Anthony; 02-09-2017 at 02:49. Reason: spelling errors
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

I had the terms confused, I was thinking of a Chicago Palm Pistol. Saw one at a gun show last weekend and the guy set me straight, I did remember when he told me. First one I ever saw for sale in person!