Default Colt SAA 1873 Rimfire

I just happen to run across this while surfing through a sellers items on GunBroker and thought it may be of interest to some of you. Got to be a rare one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615997344

The seller of the above pistol asked me if I knew of any upper end auction sites to list his gun. We both feel it has a good bit of value but needs to be presented better and exposed to those who would be in the market for such a rarity. Any suggestions?

He needs to look at his description and clean it up! 'One of seven made in center fire range for the reason seven were destroyed; because of marshal iron.' What the hell does that mean? It is "rare" because it was made out of normal serial range for rim fires? How many will spend a premium for that?
    You can never go home again.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    He needs to look at his description and clean it up! 'One of seven made in center fire range for the reason seven were destroyed; because of marshal iron.' What the hell does that mean? It is "rare" because it was made out of normal serial range for rim fires? How many will spend a premium for that?
    Yeah, I agree. His emails are about as hard to understand as well. I'm not into SAA's, have no books on them nor into collecting them but if all the numbers jive with Colt's records this would have to be a valuable gun being 44 rim fire.