Default Tight mag fit. Persuasion.

There have been a few gents having trouble getting magazines to fit into their M-14 clone receivers of late.
    One possible and very simple solution involves a little persuasion with a light hammer.

May seem crazy, but it works for me.
    Very light " smack" on each of the flat side corners on the business end of the mag and they slide in and out like an old bar girl.

Semper Fi
    Art

Well at least your using a tool I understand....is it a particular manufacturer having the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Well at least your using a tool I understand....is it a particular manufacturer having the issue.
    Apparently CMI has some out recently that are very tight. I have heard guys claiming their receivers were " out of spec" when it was a simple magazine problem. Fix the simplest thing first.

If it don't work get a bigger hammer. Humor only.
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-17-2017 at 08:58.

Like I always say... just get a bigger hammer and screw driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
    Like I always say... just get a bigger hammer and screw driver!
    Ahhh. The eternal secret to a happy life.

6. Default

Actually, that tool is called a BFH!

BFH, part of the 2 tool box with the OMFGW. Oh My F* God Wrench (open end).

RHB

Speaking of miraculous work with hammers.....
    Back in the early 80's, while our crews were busy installing Peacekeeper ICBM stage assemblies, 'someone' at Martin-Marietta sold the USAF a new, 3 million dollar test set that came in three large suitcase style containers, with a computer/reader/printer, power supply, and router, all connected to the top of the cabling on the third stage, and all the components interconnected via fiber optics. Well, we set the thing up on a trial run to make sure that the T.O. was accurate and workable, except that it wouldn't work. We tore it all apart, polished the ends of the fiber optics, re-connected everything, and, nothing. At the end of eight hours plus of this, we had Martin's engineers, our engineers, Boeing's engineers, and some missile guys from some dark hole, all frustrated. I noticed a 12 pound sledge hammer on the upper equipment room floor, picked it up, waved it across the top of the 'controller', and growled. I growled long, low, and deep. One of those growls that if done in a dark room induces other people there to have severe intestinal distress while trying to escape....On the third growl and threatening gesture with that hammer, everything perked up, and ran flawlessly. The Martin engineer, sort of stunned, remarked "well, THAT worked, but we sure as hell can't put that in the Tech Order!!!

Never underestimate the power of a KDD. Kenetic drop device. There is a reason they have been around for so long and almost everyone knows where to find one.
    Even them smart computer machines know when they are beaten or will be.
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-19-2017 at 02:58.