Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I kind of study HRA rifles. I have a long list of ser. nos. There is an amazing number of rebuilds in the 5.7 area. Both my LEAD and AN are 5.7's.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Thanks for the kind words. I have owned 3 Garands in my life time. First one I bought in 1971 at the B&I in Tacoma. It was a National Ordnance. This was before my days of knowing that there were only 4 manufacturers. Sold it in 1985. A little wiser in 1989, I purchased a 1944 Winchester that had been rebuilt in '65 by Anniston. Guy said it was a DCM gun but he didn't have the papers.

My interest then turned to M1903s and has been there until I saw this one. I am happy.

Thanks for looking.

BEAR

B&I Market Place on South Tacoma Way.......former home of Ivan the Gorilla.

Commercial stock. WWII trigger guard with SERIOUSLY deformed locking lugs. I just can't into that silver-gray finish. Other than that, nice rifle.
    Jon

The lugs are a little out of spec. I love the finish. I also study rebuilds and your rifle must have been the first one to go into the solution(they get darker as the parkerizing gets dirty). I've only seen one other rifle that looked that sharp and I kick myself for not buying it when I had the chance.
    That rifle will never be original(Boyds commercial stock). But Boyds wood is tight fitting for sure and it will help with accuracy, if nothing is out of whack and rubbing on the oprod which is not an uncommon occurence. I'd push someone down to get at that rifle.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    B&I Market Place on South Tacoma Way.......former home of Ivan the Gorilla.
    Same one, but Ivan is long gone and the store is not the same as it was.

musketjon;Commercial stock. WWII trigger guard with SERIOUSLY deformed locking lugs. I just can't into that silver-gray finish. Other than that, nice rifle.

I have already planned to replace the trigger guard to make it more in line with that year and the finish is not quite as silver as shown probably caused by the black background and flash.
    Last edited by BEAR; 01-29-2017 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    The lugs are a little out of spec. I love the finish. I also study rebuilds and your rifle must have been the first one to go into the solution(they get darker as the parkerizing gets dirty). I've only seen one other rifle that looked that sharp and I kick myself for not buying it when I had the chance.
    That rifle will never be original(Boyds commercial stock). But Boyds wood is tight fitting for sure and it will help with accuracy, if nothing is out of whack and rubbing on the oprod which is not an uncommon occurence. I'd push someone down to get at that rifle.
    Well, I knew it wasn't original when I purchased it and the stock needs some work but that is minor. It fills a niche in my collection for a post Korea rifle.

Thanks for looking.

BEAR
    Last edited by BEAR; 01-29-2017 at 09:52.