Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SRS Springfield Research Service

Sorry to trouble y'all again on this, but does anyone know where to find this as a book or service? So far I'm not having too much luck. I'm a touch of a bibliophile and have quite a few books on the Springfield, but I don't have the SRS book. I would like to try to find a good rifle for my boy, who was out of Pendleton years back as a surprise.

The SRS books four in number except their are two v-4 books you would want the 1999 one as it has a huge number of 1903 rifles over the 1995 issue. Check ABEbooks .com or any book finder site, some show up on e-bay. Just to warn you a full set will cost over one thousand dollars. The service used to be free on line but a new owner took it private and you have to join his site to ask for information but only by snail mail.
    Last edited by Tom Trevor; 01-13-2017 at 02:53.

3. Default

I have Vol 1, 1995 revision, that I would sell or trade. If interested, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    The SRS books four in number except their are two v-4 books you would want the 1999 one as it has a huge number of 1903 rifles over the 1995 issue. Check ABEbooks .com or any book finder site, some show up on e-bay. Just to warn you a full set will cost over one thousand dollars. The service used to be free on line but a new owner took it private and you have to join his site to ask for information but only by snail mail.
    Gee. I sold mine, plus many of the newsletters that were sent out before books were printed, for 500! (several years ago tho).
    You can never go home again.

Blog Entries

Id simply ask for a serial number to be looked up. People are always are willing to do so that own the volumes.

Also keep in mind, more Serials are still found by people researching where Frank Mallory left off...not in the SRS.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 01-14-2017 at 10:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Id simply ask for a serial number to be looked up. People are always are willing to do so that own the volumes.

Also keep in mind, more Serials are still found by people researching where Frank Mallory left off...not in the SRS.
    I hear a member on here, CplNorton has been finding a lot of new USMC serial numbers through his work. Check with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeeaterpilot View Post
    I hear a member on here, CplNorton has been finding a lot of new USMC serial numbers through his work. Check with him.
    Good Advice!

It is my understanding that Steven and several other folks are discovering new documents through National Archives research? In some cases he's even discovering new information in regards to Marine sniper programs. Exciting time to see people willing to invest the time and resources to do so.

It'd be a bit of an expensive venture to just buy rifle after another to find one noted to the First Marine Regiment! I will be keeping my eyes out for a set of the books.

9. Default

My first book was the DCM sales book. I use it all the time thats the small blue book. I bought in that in the mid 80's. What is that going for now. I also have the 4 volume set. Haven't seen one for sale in a long time.

10. Default

You can get all the books and publications on a disk on ebay for 125$