1. Question Trigger on 1903 sticks

When I pull the trigger on my 1903 through the first stage till I can feel the second but don't fire. If I let off the trigger it will stick and not return to baseline. I end up having to pull back on the firing pin rod or push down on it to get it to return. I swapped out the bolt from my A3 and it did the same thing in my 03. My 03 bolt does not get stuck in my A3.

Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to correct it?
    Last edited by Mac Attack; 01-07-2017 at 05:20.

Default how to correct it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    When I pull the trigger on my 1903 through the first stage till I can feel the second but don't fire. If I let off the trigger it will stick and not return to baseline. I end up having to pull back on the firing pin rod or push down on it to get it to return. I swapped out the bolt from my A3 and it did the same thing in my 03. My 03 bolt does not get stuck in my A3.

Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to correct it?
    First thing I would do is look at the trigger and trigger guard. No binding of metal to metal? Then remove the trigger guard, leave the action in the stock, and look inside the trigger slot in the wood stock. See what is causing the trigger to bind. Is there debris or wood touching the metal? If the metal is not touching anything, remove the stock and repeat your inspection of the trigger area, see if the trigger area has any debris clogging it. Then remove the trigger, trigger pin and spring, give everything a good cleaning with solvent, re-oil and assemble. Sooner or later you will have to find something causing the drag, even a bad trigger pin may be at fault. Take it slowly, one step at a time, and under no circumstances do you grind or beat on it to make it work. If you need help with the disassembly, consult manuals and YouTube vids online.
    Good luck, keep us posted on what you find.

A good cleaning and lubrication of the trigger assembly might be all that's needed.

If the trigger travels fine through whole range with the bolt out, it is most likely the sear spring. Could also be the tip of the sear, take a close look it should be a shaprp clean corner, if there is any bevel to it that will also cause the same issue.