1. Default Winchester Model 97 Trench and a question.

I picked this up at a Tennessee Police dept. auction decades ago. The gun is all deeply blued, some of the pictures just didn't pick up the shine as much as others. It is in pristine condition. Any idea on the ballpark value?

Attachment 39434Attachment 39435Attachment 39436Attachment 39437Attachment 39438
    Last edited by slag; 01-10-2017 at 04:07.

2. Default

Excuse the dust in some of the pictures...

Attachment 39439Attachment 39440Attachment 39441Attachment 39442
    Last edited by slag; 01-10-2017 at 12:54.

3. Default

Buttplate and adapter are wrong

Reblued? Inspectores stamp on stock missing?

5. Default

Has what appears to be a parked 6 row adapter on a 946K gun. Thinks it is pristine. OK. Whatever.

As a police gun it would have been rebuilt or fixed as necessary. Police armorers do not on average make any rebuild marks, it's tracked on paper. I've replaced 870 stocks, or updated buttpads etc and no where on the gun will one be able to tell in 100 years. A computer program keeps track of it all now. Several years after the gun is surplused the records for it are purged to make hard drive space.

It's a cross collection piece and it is what it is. Some collectors want as issued or as close to it as can be. Some my be interested in it because of its police background. It may not be correct but it is a nice piece in its own right.

7. Default

The uneven flash of my potato iphone camera does give the appearance of park in some of the photos, however the gun is all blue.

8. Default

Still the wrong adapter. And buttplate. NOT original