Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"steaming manure pile"------some how that does not sound like a compliment to me!
    You can never go home again.

2. Default

See Part 14 where Mr. Farmer (Praise be Unto Him*) talks about others wirting a Krag book. The word came from on high and is written in the Book. "Make it entertaining, too. Refer to my book as 'Farmer's Steaming Manure Pile of a Book.' I'll chuckle."

Best regards.

*There's Jesus, Joe Farmer, and then the rest of the prophets.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CJCulpeper View Post
    See Part 14 where Mr. Farmer (Praise be Unto Him*) talks about others wirting a Krag book. The word came from on high and is written in the Book. "Make it entertaining, too. Refer to my book as 'Farmer's Steaming Manure Pile of a Book.' I'll chuckle."

Best regards.

*There's Jesus, Joe Farmer, and then the rest of the prophets.
    I chuckled.

What will Volume 2 cover? (to differentiate it from Vol "6") My apologies if this has been already discussed.
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 01-29-2017 at 07:24.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I've been waiting for him, but, if I understand the situation, the Krag book (V6) was - due to demand - pushed out earlier than orginally intended. Some years back he embarked on a truly massive data-gathering "research" project, involving such things as patents, OD personnel, material supply contracts, etc., forming a sort of grand matrix, of great interest to him, but probably not as "popular" a topic as the Krag. I do not know if he plans any other weapons specific books, and I do not know which number (1-5, or 7-?) of his planned series is to come next. It is a monster project, AFAIK done more as an intellectual exercise than anything else. He'll have to give us the specifics, and clean up my effort at explanation.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    What will Volume 2 cover? (to differentiate it from Vol "6") My apologies if this has been already discussed.

Part two is basically done. Waiting to buy one last item and then take pictures. It'll be out by summer at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    I've been waiting for him, but, if I understand the situation, the Krag book (V6) was - due to demand - pushed out earlier than orginally intended. Some years back he embarked on a truly massive data-gathering "research" project, involving such things as patents, OD personnel, material supply contracts, etc., forming a sort of grand matrix, of great interest to him, but probably not as "popular" a topic as the Krag. I do not know if he plans any other weapons specific books, and I do not know which number (1-5, or 7-?) of his planned series is to come next. It is a monster project, AFAIK done more as an intellectual exercise than anything else. He'll have to give us the specifics, and clean up my effort at explanation.
    Volume 1-5. The other stuff. Strangely they're mainly done in so many ways. The problem is I need to get to stuff to take photos. That won't happen until after I move to Florida. So two years from now. It'll take a bit to get through it all.

====

I found that Vol 6, Part 1 came in very handy. Those that imply it has no use are hereby disproved.

Books are taking second place lately.

Given a choice, would you worry about writing books are spend time with a little Pumpkin?
    Last edited by 5MadFarmers; 01-29-2017 at 07:56.

I can see why your are distracted. Good for you

Save me a copy ... Vol. 6 was definitely not your normal reference book, but one cannot say it wasn't interesting! Agreed with more than I thought I would! LOL!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I am a farmer at heart. I miss working on a farm and I miss having my own cows. I truly love the smell of cow manure. Steaming cow manure is especially special, especially on a cold winter morning.

I'll repeat myself: "best book I read in 2015".

I want to push the book on another forum but I don't want to come across like a broken record-Sycophant. In the interest of spreading knowledge like manure on a field I think I'll have to get over that fear unless someone else wants to take up the mantle.
    Last edited by Mark Daiute; 02-07-2017 at 11:30.
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

10. Default

Part 2 details.

Should be in from the printer by the 15th actually. Assuming some natural disaster didn't happen between me and them. If one did it's going to be sad.