Thread: German Snipers

Default German Snipers

Hey guys. In addition to American snipers, I also collect Russian and Germans snipers. I had a request to share some pictures of my German snipers. So I will add them all to this thread over time. Perhaps I'll start another thread showing Russian snipers if members here would be interested.

First up: A original, all matching Single Claw sniper. These are very tough to find (especially with a matching scope). This rifle will be in Bruce Karem and Mike Steve's next book Volume II that will come out later this year. The absolute best books on the K98k.

http://www.thirdpartypress.com/product-p/bookset.htm

All single Claw sniper were made at Steyr in 1943 and 1944 with the majority being made in 1944. Only two scopes were ever used on the Single Claw. The bmj and very rarely seen Carl Zeiss scopes. A single claw scope will never have a sunshade. The bmj scopes typically fall into certain serial number ranges (since they were also providing scopes for the High Turret and the Long Side Rail). From what I have observed, early scope fall in a serial range of 65,000 to 66,000 range (approximately). While later scopes seem to fall in the serial range of 74,000 to 76,000.

The only major differences between a Steyr produced Single Claw dated 1944 and a regular infantry rifle are: The stocks are still numbered internally, by C block the checkered butt plates are added, safeties are shortened, and bases/scopes added. 1943 dated rifles will not have the checkered butt plate or shortened safety.

Hope you enjoy!

1. 1944 d block (55).jpg1. 1944 d block (56).jpg1. 1944 d block (57).jpg1. 1944 d block (61).jpg1. 1944 d block (62).jpg

Wonderful pictures of a great rifle! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."