*Almost * a Marine. I am reluctantly listing for sale this 1911 Colt. It was my attempt at having a WW! 1911. I started with a frame that had the USP obliterated by welding. It is an accumulation of mostly correct parts, except barrel. I sent it out to a refinisher who could not get the lettering close to right and then gave the entire pistol a coat of black Alumahide, which actually doesn’t look that bad. The pistol does function and looks good from 10 feet. However, I was so disappointed I gathered up another set of parts to restore a WW1 example in its place. The parts are mostly original and correct. Grip safety, slide release, thumb safety are all original 1911. Slide has the horsie on the rear as is proper for this s/n range, which is the “black Army” range. Slide also has the lower left edge beveled/filed back for some reason in the past, not by me. Frame s/n is 186290, just barely missing the batch that went to France with the first group of Marines in WW1. It has no doubt rendered valuable service over the last 99 years. The frame does have a poor surface on the inside of the dust cover where the USP was obliterated by welding in the past. All other markings are present, clear and crisp. This pistol is sold AS-IS, no returns, no excuses. Pictures are available on request. $750.00 plus shipping firm. FFL only or I think it is C&R eligible. The price is below what it would take to round up these parts today. You can keep as is or perform your own restoration.