Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Looks like it is an import mark. Springfield Armory on the butt socket and Geneseo IL on the barrel. I'm finding that the BDF stamping may be for the Belize Defense Force. Simpson LTD sold a BDF marked Enfield that they said was imported by SA Inc, but the link is dead.

IMG_4494.jpgIMG_4499.jpgIMG_4497.jpg
    Last edited by M1Garandy; 12-31-2016 at 09:54.

Looks official, doesn't it?

Could it have been refurbished in India? I know my ishapore Enfields have a SA stamped on the buttstock.

Quote Originally Posted by WHG View Post
    Could it have been refurbished in India? I know my ishapore Enfields have a SA stamped on the buttstock.
    Different marking. The above rifle has Springfield Armory stamped in full, so we know it isn't India in this case.
    Your Ishapores likely have the SIA/ISA type marking where the I is capped with an arrow. The 'I' is often lost in the confusion as it is mistaken for part of the arrow. Due to the layout of the marking it is often called Small Arms Inspectorate or Inspectorate, Small Arms. Take a closer look at yours and tell us what you see
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Probably stamped SPNG SP or something close for Springfield Sporters.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

I don't think so in this case. Are the pics coming up for you? Just as said in the opening post the markings are spelled out entirely on the buttsocket and barrel.
    Can't see the rest of the rifle and the serial # is blocked out, but I suspect it's a Savage.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

7. Default

It was a Savage No4 Mk1*.

I for one did not know Springfield Armory imported any firearms. As to the Belize connection I can see where that makes sense having been part of the Commonwealth for so long before becoming independent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I for one did not know Springfield Armory imported any firearms. As to the Belize connection I can see where that makes sense having been part of the Commonwealth for so long before becoming independent.

they imported some receivers/rifles and possibly frames for some of the firearms they sold over the years including the SAR48/4800

Maybe it's one of the rare Devine, TX put together Enfields! I let one of their M1As get away from me once! Oops, posted this joke from page 1, without seeing the actual mark, sorry guys.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 08-22-2017 at 06:52.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson