Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Busterman View Post
    Hi Steve...a NRA Sporting rifle would do nicely this year.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Don

Don,

I still have your Marine SRS hit. In fact Smokeaterpilot who responded on here, is quoting the serial of it. He's bugged me on selling it, almost as much as I almost bugged you to buy it.

I did finally figure out what unit it was on the SRS hit. It was 2nd Anti Aircraft BN, 1st Marine Brigade. It was going to rebuild at the Philly Depot, probabably right after coming back from a China Deployment. I believe that unit became one of the Defense Battalions when the war started.

But good to see you around again sir. By the way your Friend Mr. Bill Bentz is one hell of a good man. But I'm sure you arleady know that.

And to Louis, I'm very much a creature of habit.

2. Default

A rod bayonet 03 would be nice.

Great thread Steve. You know which one I want. The USMC Unertl Sniper we have been discussing. But probably not this Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!!! Hallelujah to Christ Jesus!!!

Steve,
    Yep...SN 873388! I really liked that rifle and the Navy vet I bought it from. Can I claim 1st dibs on that rifle should it become available (which I doubt). I rarely sell anything but I thought a Marine should own that one.
    Best regards,
    Don

First, a 1903 Mark I Perderson device, second the Smith-Corona I missed on in 1973 for $40, called the shop to see if it was still on the rack and DIDN"T asked them to put in in back unitl i\I arrived. Sold in the 35 minutes it took me to drive to the shop. third any decent Smith=Corona 1903A3.

I just bought a M1903 1941 dated Remington still smeared in dried cosmoline. Serial Number put its in first 5000 made. New Zealand marked. Appears they stored it, never used it and sent it back. I'm carefully cleaning all the old dry cosmoline off then I'll post pics. It appears original and I think other than cosmoline stained wood it going to clean up very nicely. I collect New Zealand marked Lee Enfields so it a neat addition to my collection. Merry Christmas to me.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I just bought a M1903 1941 dated Remington still smeared in dried cosmoline. Serial Number put its in first 5000 made. New Zealand marked. Appears they stored it, never used it and sent it back. I'm carefully cleaning all the old dry cosmoline off then I'll post pics. It appears original and I think other than cosmoline stained wood it going to clean up very nicely. I collect New Zealand marked Lee Enfields so it a neat addition to my collection. Merry Christmas to me.
    That's very interesting to me as I lived in Christchurch NZ for two years!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    That's very interesting to me as I lived in Christchurch NZ for two years!
    Soon as I get it cleaned up I'll post a thread. Previous owner started job years ago and stopped after getting paper and some outside layer off. This just let the rest of the cosmoline dry and crusty. Going slow but it's coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterman View Post
    Steve,
    Yep...SN 873388! I really liked that rifle and the Navy vet I bought it from. Can I claim 1st dibs on that rifle should it become available (which I doubt). I rarely sell anything but I thought a Marine should own that one.
    Best regards,
    Don
    Oh yeah for sure. If I sell it, I will give you first right of refusal. It's probably honestly still my most favorite Marine 1903 Service rifle I've owned.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cplnorton View Post
    Oh yeah for sure. If I sell it, I will give you first right of refusal. It's probably honestly still my most favorite Marine 1903 Service rifle I've owned.
    Speaking of which, carbine please...