Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Introduced in AR Pistol !!!--sub sonic !!!! is pistol round--45 colt would have more Knock down HEY if you want to pay that much for ammo ,,7.62x39 is far superior

Darreld, if you want a bullet that will hold up to bone and penetrate deep or pass through try out the Barns TTSX bullets. I use them in a couple of my guns for hunting and they work. If you want I can show you the pics of the wound on a buck I shot last season. Adding another part now, but if I were to have a AR platform and if it was in 7.62X51 and I were to add a second caliber it would be the .338 Federal.
    Last edited by BudT; 12-31-2016 at 07:43.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Look at the 375 socom. That' my next build. Already about half way there on parts. Did a .458 socom last winter as well as a 7.62x39. Did a supressed 300AAC 2 years ago. The 7.62x39 is a real hoot to shoot. I run the cheapest junk ammo I can find and it has had zero problems and is surprisingly accurate. Used a Green Mounatin 16" lightweight barrel and a cheap red dot and I can boringly bust clays at 100 yds. It's my new "range blaster beat on" gun. Cheap to build and cheap to feed. I use ASC mags and have no issues with it. Only "non standard" thing I did was use a buffer spring for a 7.62x51 AR carbine, vs the standard 5.56 carbine spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    Darreld, if you want a bullet that will hold up to bone and penetrate deep or pass through try out the Barns TTSX bullets. I use them in a couple of my guns for hunting and they work. If you want I can show you the pics of the wound on a buck I shot last season. Adding another part now, but if I were to have a AR platform and if it was in 7.62X51 and I were to add a second caliber it would be the .338 Federal.
    I'd REALLY like to see the .338 Federal, or even the .358 Winchester put up in one of these....... https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/
    Or something like this..... http://www.browning.com/products/fir...stol-grip.html
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 02-03-2017 at 07:46.

If memory serves the BLR was chambered in .358 Win. I shoot a Ruger Hawkeye chambered in .338 Fed. and love the thing, I think some AR platform rifles were made in the .338 Fed. Also Starline just announced adding .358 Win to their lineup a definite + in my opinion. I hope they make the .338 Fed to, their brass is in my opinion the best out there except for Lapua. Even better if they made a line in small primer pocket. Recently I bought one of the Rem. 700 200 year anniversary rifles in .243 if I shoot out the barrel I will re-barrel it to .358 Win. it is a true short action. I missed a nice bull a couple of years ago with that .338 I would have really liked to see how it performed on something that size, maybe next year. Look up the energy and ballistics on both ctgs I think they will both surprise you out to 300 yards.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Getting back to the AR upper, though, one rig that I'd like to check out a lot closer is the 25-45 Sharps, produced by these folks, http://srcarms.com/

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by holdover View Post
    built one in 6.5 Grendel, like the dime size groups at 300 yds.
    what loads are you using?
    what barrel /upper do you have?
    see my write up about the 6.5 Grendel "progress" above.
    Thanks

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by emmagee1917 View Post
    Really ????? Pray tell , in which pistol was it introduced in ?0
    Chris
    .300 B/O introduced as .300 Whisper by J.D.Jones for the Contender.

My alternative upper is a 7.62X40 Wilson. They had a sale on barrels when they switched over to the Ham'r. 30/30 ballistics from an AR 15.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 12-25-2019 at 11:35.

9. Default

6.5 Grendel!

004.jpg

Pete Davis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litt'le Lee View Post
    the 300 blackout--very expense--I'ts a pistol round !!--most 7.62x39 ar's are usually prone to BAD MAGS--i'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM--ASC 20 rounders
    no it is actually a rifle round, for suppressed