Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So, after months of trying, and a lot of just having fun just cooking for my best girl and having her eat what i fixed, i have a 3.52"group @ 200yds, prone W/sling... PPU case with a CCI 34, 155grSMK over 48gr IMR4064...
    i want to personally thank all you guys for the help... After all, alice would most likely be still sick from my cooking...
    One last question though... i'm getting ready for my M14 next, is there a case gauge made for the 7.62X51 NATO cartridge???
    i await input...
    tango mike...
    bombdog, out...
    Last edited by bombdog; 04-23-2017 at 01:07.
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

2. Default

That's bound to be a good combo. Overall, I've had better luck with the 155's and 4064 than most other combinations. (altho' 80g seems like quite a bit!) Also, I have a Hornady gauge for .308 that checks ammo that works fine in my M14 and .308 M1. You sure don't want a shoulder not set back quite far enough in a gas gun.

Uh, yeah maybe i shoulda checked my notes, lol... 48 grains... i guess that's why we should check the reloading manuals huh???
    Now i feel like a total ID10T...
    bombdog, uh yeah...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

4. Default

For a less expensive option, I've also had good results from the Hornady 150g FMJs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-12 INF (M) View Post
    For a less expensive option, I've also had good results from the Hornady 150g FMJs.
    The Hornady 150 FMJ's gave me a 5.7" gp the same day with the same charge...
    Which is incase no one has seen my edited reply (48gr 4064), not 80... Maybe in my 1917, ouch...
    bombdog...
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

Yup - 'your mileage may vary.." - it was very hard to find one load that was as accurate as possible in an M1903, 1903A3, and a two M1s. That's part of the fun...

7. Default

Any one use H380 in their M1 loads?

8. Default

No, but I've had some good results with Varget.

i have really enjoyed my new hobby... Now i think i'll work on some black-tip and m72 cloning... Soon as i find a thousand yds... i can do some consistent 600's now and that should do for developing them... i'll get started on cookin for maggie soon...
    One lady at a time...
    bombdog, out...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Removed by Matt Anthony
    Last edited by Matt Anthony; 06-11-2017 at 03:27.
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"