Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always amazed.

Default Always amazed.

I find my self amazed at the number of bags of parts that go into an assembly. This morning I was working on some Bula trigger housings and thought folks might just like to see the number of bags of parts it takes to make them work. As many times as I haul parts out of the bins, it never fails to amaze. And this was just for two trigger groups. Then I have to remember to reorder so the bins stay full.

Semper Fi
    ArtB
    Last edited by nf1e; 12-17-2016 at 07:16.

Who/Where do you obtain your parts?

Today, pretty much anywhere I can. Trigger components are mostly from CMP. I have a pretty good stash of NIW M-14 parts accumulated over the years. Now Bula Defense Systems are making all new parts for the M-14 except for the front and rear sights. Marketed true Jon Wolfe. As other sources dwindle, this is becoming an excellent source of parts which are as good if not better than original USGI.

I'm impressed - wish my work area was as tidy as yours.

FCPDAVE:

It's a close up of his work bench, I bet a 360d pan of his workshop, would show lots more clutter. 8*)

Course he *could* assemble the trigger groups, and adjust them for a test rifle, and test fire, and clean and lube lightly and then vacum pack the completed trigger groups to cut down all the packages he's got to dig out for a build. Not to mention "Oh I got only 4 complete trigger groups left, guess I should order enough parts to make up 5 more.....". And not to mention make up M-14/1A parts kits of everything except the barrel, stock wood, receiver, and package them all together for parts control.

"Hmm, is that a M-1 spring/pin, or a M-14 one? WTF am I doing with a FN meteric build spring?" "Lets see, the NSN for the Garand Trigger Spring is this, and the NSN for the M-14 trigger spring is this.... " 8*)

R Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H Brown Jr View Post
    FCPDAVE:

It's a close up of his work bench, I bet a 360d pan of his workshop, would show lots more clutter. 8*)

Course he *could* assemble the trigger groups, and adjust them for a test rifle, and test fire, and clean and lube lightly and then vacum pack the completed trigger groups to cut down all the packages he's got to dig out for a build. Not to mention "Oh I got only 4 complete trigger groups left, guess I should order enough parts to make up 5 more.....". And not to mention make up M-14/1A parts kits of everything except the barrel, stock wood, receiver, and package them all together for parts control.

"Hmm, is that a M-1 spring/pin, or a M-14 one? WTF am I doing with a FN meteric build spring?" "Lets see, the NSN for the Garand Trigger Spring is this, and the NSN for the M-14 trigger spring is this.... " 8*)

R Brown
    A quick look to the right.

http://

And a look to the left. It ain't much, but is my playroom.

Last edited by nf1e; 12-18-2016 at 04:31.

Nice playroom!

8. Default

I could play there!!!!

9. Default

51J-4 receivers radio receivers! Operated a LOT of those.

Quote Originally Posted by blocker View Post
    51J-4 receivers radio receivers! Operated a LOT of those.
    Top is my 75A4 receiver setting on a KWS-1 transmitter and power supply. That is the Winter heat in my playroom.