Default New T30 Carbine with M82 Vintage Sniper Scope

New T30 Carbine with M82 Vintage Sniper Scope from Inland. Seems a bit pricey to me.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/inl...-sniper-scope/

I'd get one if you guys come to my funeral after the wife finds out.

This version the M1E7, was never made for issue and was only used on an experimental basis before it was dropped. The mounting system was modified and later used on the infra-red system that was used in the Pacific on Okinawa and the Philippines during 1945 and later in Korea. There never was a sniper system using a normal scope issued for the carbine. Inland is trying to flood the market with new old ideas for their carbines. They sure seem to be well over priced and many have had problems with them. Seems that many of the major parts are made by AO for them and AO does not seem to have a good reputation for their products too.

"There never was a sniper system using a normal scope issued for the carbine. Inland is trying to flood the market with new old ideas for their carbines. They sure seem to be well over priced and many have had problems with them."

As I recall the Inlands accept only their in house made mags.... GI ones being iffy. Is that still the case?

So, a "never was!" Fantasy "replica!"

Most that I’ve read not written by themselves or those dependant on advertising indicate that the “new” Inlands are not a good investment. Based on my research I’d not touch one with a barge pole. Some appear to have got good ones but none are in the same class as the originals. Tuna is the man to put you straight.
    Is it not better to place a question mark upon a problem while seeking an answer than to put the label `God` there and consider the matter closed? Joseph Lewis

I actually had a real one of those. It was complete with the scope. I finally sold it to a "museum". I paid $2500 for it many years ago. Those were the same scopes used on the 03 sniper rifles. Very pricey these days. I couldn't afford an original now.

Where the AF sends me - California for now.

Good Day All,
    Many years ago I stumbled upon a Carbine at a small show in SC. I recognized the M3 bar from a distance and the Weaver K-4 scope mounted on it. The seller said he owned the rifle since the 70's and kept it behind the seat of his truck. Based on the price alone ($500) I had decided to purchase it and then I took a closer look. It was tough not to smile ear-to-ear when I read the manufacture was "UN-QUALITY". After the purchase I inspected the remaining parts and as expected, the rifle is a mix master. My only pictures are from years ago (the carbines are stored down south since I'm stationed in NJ). Despite the rarity of the manufacture, I'm going to leave the rifle as a testament to utilitarianism (i.e. truck gun).
    Best Regards,
    Michael
    DSC04882.jpg
    DSC04883.jpg
    Last edited by FlightRN; 03-10-2017 at 08:03.

Yup the M3 bars have been around for years as they were made for the later IR night scopes. Many people early on would use the M3 bar to mount a scope on their carbines just like the Quality Hardware Michael has. By the way you have some fine carbines there Michael.