1. Default M1903 Warner & Swasey snipers

I was already very close to matching with my M1903 and the Warner & Swasey M1908 scope, but could finally top it with a later M1903 and the Warner & Swasey M1913 telescope. To be able to top that with an all matching M1903 with M1908 telescope will be a tough task to do!

PS: the hole drilled in the dovetail of the M1913 scope is to affix is to the scope rail on the rifle. They often became loose in the field, and this was the solution to properly fix it to the scope rail and can often be found.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I am officially jealous George. That is a incredible find!

Wow. That is cool. How in the world did you track that pair down? Were they still together when you found it?

Incredible Find Georg! Wow!

5. Default

I had bought it that way at one of the very large auction companies. And I'm glad I did, though it had cost me a small fortune. I heard there is a possibility to check if it came through CMP - is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Promo View Post
    I had bought it that way at one of the very large auction companies. And I'm glad I did, though it had cost me a small fortune. I heard there is a possibility to check if it came through CMP - is this true?
    Georg this is off the CMP website:

WILL THE CMP RESEARCH A SERIAL NUMBER TO SEE IF IT HAD EVER BEEN SOLD BY THE DCM OR CMP?

A.
    We will perform the research. Research often involves going through boxes of old records. Our files are only complete from 1996 to the present. We do have some earlier files, but know they are incomplete. We require a letter request with payment and we will respond by letter stating if we found anything, and if so – when we sold it and what model it was we actually sold. We will not identify original purchaser. Allow 2-3 weeks per serial number.

We regret not being able to perform this service for free. We receive dozens of requests each week and it can take up to one hour just to find that we do not have any record of a serial number being researched. Charge is $25.00 per serial number, prepaid, whether we find anything or not.

If interested, send letter to CMP, ATTN: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.