Thread: Sling manufacturer

Hybrid View

Merc, the one thing I've been told consistently over the years is that if the rivets are split = repo. In addition, they should NOT be stamped "US" anywhere.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Merc, the one thing I've been told consistently over the years is that if the rivets are split = repo. In addition, they should NOT be stamped "US" anywhere.
    Dan - The Kerr sling that came with the 1943 Remington 03-A3 appears to be an original. No "US" stamped or stenciled anywhere. The fabric is fairly clean without any wear showing and the hardware is in nice shape. The rivets aren't split from excess pressure and look as if they were assembled with the correct amount of pressure. The D rings on the long and short straps have the following stamped on them: PAT'D 7-21-14 in large letters and numbers above the rivets and the "NOBUCKL" logo stamped below the rivets. The clips have the same logo but the patent date is stamped in small letters and numbers. I kinda wondered if it was the original or a repro sling since it was so clean and well preserved. The entire rifle was in really nice shape which leads me think it might not have seen any active service.