Default Side-by-Side Comparison New "inland" and Original Carbines.

Happy Meleagris gallopavo Day:

Has anyone bought one of the repro/new mfr. Inland M-1 carbines, and compared it alongside any brand of the original WW2 carbines?

I'm talking finish, part interchangeability, shooting, in fact just about anything you can think of.

BTW: Meleagris gallapavo is the name for the domesticated turkey. The food bird, not the liberal SJW's.

R. Brown

Milsurps has a long thread on the topic. They are not to GI standard as of yet, due to heat treating issues. It sounds like the company is getting better but has work to do.

It's not just the heat treatment of the bolts and such but the small parts that are cast and in many cases too small to properly operate. Not all of them have had problems but more then a few have. A new rifle should not have to have small parts removed and replaced with surplus USGI parts by the new owner to get the rifle to operate properly. So buyer beware knowing potential problems. There repair service seems to be hit and miss too.

I purchased one of Inland's new Carbines, and love it. I got the Advisor Pistol one to replicate the chopped one I carried in Nam, and with this, it is a legal pistol that can be carried in my truck loaded. I have put several hundred rounds through it with out a glitch.

advisor5.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/wd4ngb/