Default 60 Ball Cartridges Cal. 30 Frankford Arsenal

Do any of you all know anything about the Krag bandoliers that are from Frankford Arsenal. I have several that are unopened and are dated Mar 23 1907. These are still sewn shut and have the black safety pin in the strap. I am thinking the ammo is not any good due to neck cracks, but don't really want to open them. Also any idea as to value would be greatly appreciated. Semper Fi

Kragband2.jpgKragbandsep.jpg

Think I paid under $5, 30 years ago. 90%+ cracked necks.

Collector ammo. I have an unopened bandolier of Rem made, probably in same condition.
    You can never go home again.

They show up from time to time - asking prices vary, but usually over $100 now. I have 5 or 6, mostly sealed. As Parashooter says, nearly all have cracked necks.

I have two boxes (40 rounds total)... one from 98 and one from 07. Nearly all have cracked necks. Wish I had a bandoleer in a sealed container!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I had to open one pocket years ago just to look. I have Remington and FA. I am always tempted to pull the bullets to use in reloading. Years ago I shot a pot full of "collector" ammo cause it was cheap. Side note: I took my 99 carbine along with M1 and M1a to a shoot for college kids a couple weeks ago. 20 some odd kids (some never handled a firearm) and we had a blast. I used between 300-400 rounds of ammo. Money well spent.

Thanks for all the good info. I have several Krags and all kinds of Krag related items. I have had this stuff for years and just never really did anything with it. I'll have to post some photos of what I have. Thanks again. Jim