Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I served as a Ballistic Tech. at one point in my US Army career, and have fired all sorts of heavy weapons. The loudest ear ringers that I experienced would be the 76mm main gun on a tank (Super sonic crack), The old Quad 50s anti aircraft guns and the M-106 recoiless rifle. And You have never heard a real noise until You Have fired a 4000 round burst through a Vulcan.

Good Shooting

Lindy

The TOW and LAW were different than I expected. The blast of an explosion instead of the woosh of a rocket.

On the other hand a A10 sounded just like I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintpopper View Post
    I served as a Ballistic Tech. at one point in my US Army career, and have fired all sorts of heavy weapons. The loudest ear ringers that I experienced would be the 76mm main gun on a tank (Super sonic crack), The old Quad 50s anti aircraft guns and the M-106 recoiless rifle. And You have never heard a real noise until You Have fired a 4000 round burst through a Vulcan.

Good Shooting

Lindy
    I heard a towed Vulcan dump its basic load into the Panamanian Naval Infantry barracks near Colon, Panama during Just Cause. In my mind's eye I can still see the tracers flying.

Scan_20141216 (5).jpg

In 'Nam, 1966, "Puff the Magic Dragon" would circle and lay down some extreme sh!t on it's target. At night, from our position, you could not hear the plane or fireing, but WOW it was beautiful!