1. Default Smith Corona Serial # Question

Hi Guys:
    I have this SC 03A3 with a scope mount installed. The mount is covering the majority of the serial number. Only the bottom portion of the number is visible. I trying to figure out what the serial number is without removing the mount. Using the SC serial number range and from what I see I think I can determine all but 2 of the digits.
    So perhaps you could take a look at this photo and see what you think.
    What I come up with is 4822-2-
    Anybody want to take a stab at it?
    IMG_3751.jpg

Oh, for heaven's sake. Take the mount off and get an accurate read. Then put the mount back on using some Loctite 222 to hold the screws in place.

If 4,820,000 range, a very late S/C M1903A3.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lencac View Post
    Hi Guys:
    I have this SC 03A3 with a scope mount installed. The mount is covering the majority of the serial number. Only the bottom portion of the number is visible. I trying to figure out what the serial number is without removing the mount. Using the SC serial number range and from what I see I think I can determine all but 2 of the digits.
    So perhaps you could take a look at this photo and see what you think.
    What I come up with is 4822-2-
    Anybody want to take a stab at it?
    IMG_3751.jpg
    You spent more time and work making up the posting and question, then it would take to remove scope mount and read serial #