Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Stevens 620 trench

Did any of the trenchguns come with wooden plugs in the magazine tube?

I have never heard of that and I can't come up with any reason why they would .
    Chris

3. Default

I was thinking the same thing, but the 620 I posted earlier had a plug in that looked as though it had been in the gun a very long time.

4. Default

NO
    Someone put it in for duck hunting.

5. Default

Thanks for the answer , I wouldn't want a plug in it if I was in combat!

6. Default

I have a pile of of them that I've pulled out of civilian Model 520 and 620 shotguns. All exactly the same size and shape, looks like they came with the guns from the factory. Whatever civilian gun that was the donor for your other non military parts probably provided that as well.
    Last edited by Keydet92; 11-11-2016 at 08:53.
    James,
    I'm a collector and researcher of Stevens 520/620 shotguns.

7. Default

Mine is not a 'trench' 620. Made about '68, it's a long barrel. It came with a kind of wade plug that restricted the magazine to three shots. I removed it and now it holds five shots.

8. Default

They were still making the 620 in 1968?
    News to me, I thought they were the 77E. 69 etc.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    They were still making the 620 in 1968?
    News to me, I thought they were the 77E. 69 etc.
    My Dad had this gun at that time ('68) but I don't know it's prior vintage. It's marked as a 620. But I understand this piece was made through the Vietnam era ('74 ?)

10. Default

The Model 620A began production in 1940. The main difference between the 620 and the 620A was how the stock attaches. The 620A used a long draw bolt through the end of the stock and did away with the receiver and trigger plate tangs used on the 620. Without the trigger tang, a flat main spring had no place to attach and the 620A had a shortened trigger housing using a coil main spring. Civilian production of the Model 620A halted during World War II but continued afterwards until 1955.