Thread: SNC Por Favor

Default SNC Por Favor

SN check for a M1903 Springfield receiver sn: 103054X dtd Nov 1918, with an electro penciled "R" bolt sn: 37768X with a M1905 ladder sight WITHOUT the long distance volley notch in the top bar. and an RIA 1-18 barrel. Mixmaster parts with a replacement scant stock with only the (P) cartouche. Suspicious pipe wrench like scratches on the barrel down the last 4-5 inches toward the barrel.

RHB

Kind of hard when you leave out a number!! But nothing in that range - the nearest hit is 081.
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 11-01-2016 at 12:13.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Dear Liberius Extrodinaire:

Thanks, anyways.

Why did I leave off the last sn? Cause a run of 10 sn's would tend to give possible shipping data if the exact rifle wasn't listed.
    "So 3 rifles went to XXX then my rifle with no info, and then 6 rifles went here..." "So it either went to 1 of 2 places (probably)."

RHB

The SRS records tend to be individual rifles rather than shipments of rifles. I don't know about Springfield Armory, but by that time none of the contractors were shipping weapons in numerical serial number order.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The SRS records tend to be individual rifles rather than shipments of rifles. I don't know about Springfield Armory, but by that time none of the contractors were shipping weapons in numerical serial number order.
    +1 !
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis