Quote Originally Posted by ray55classic View Post
At the present time I have an Imbel receiver built with an early "unissued" Austrian STG58 kit that I bought in the mid 90's ,when they 1st came on the market
I initially bought 6 unissued STG58 kits , all of them, except for the one I kept, have long since been sold or traded .
[I'm still kicking myself for doing that]
and I also have a L1A1 kit with a 59' Enfield lower /CA1 upper kit , as soon as I find a nice Imbel receiver I'll build it
Glad to see you at least have an inch kit, they are getting hard to find. Like you I bought several kits from What A Country in the 90s. I think they were 99.00 per kit. I built them on Imbel receivers and added the 922 parts. Think I ended up with less than 400 in each. Then in 08 after obumer got elected I sold em all for 1200. I have 1 R1 Rhodesian kit I never built. I think it was 89.00. I got the itch and ordered a Coonan 1.5 R1 receiver, and since my kits lower and barrel serial matched got that custom serial number. It should be here in 90 days.

My plane is to rebuild it as a Rhodesian, no carry handle or sling and the baby poop paint brush camo pattern.

The only down side to the kit was a non matching serial numbered bolt and carrier. They both also have Rhodesian electro pencil marks on them though. Oh well can't win em all.