Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remington handguards ?????

DSCF6673.jpg DSCF6676.jpg
    Can anyone identify these handguards. No markings, but one came on a Remington 1903. Both have the circular knob cut.

TIA
    BEAR

Fixturing slots underneath? If so, Springfields. There is also a "step" on the barrel end that identifies a Remington HG.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Fixturing slots underneath? If so, Springfields. There is also a "step" on the barrel end that identifies a Remington HG.
    No fixturing slots ... sorry meant to say that initially. The "step" you refer to is on the handguard clip?

4. Default

Both look like Remington handguards from the profile. If you can take them off and show the underside, I can tell you what Mr. Beard told me as to how to identify a Remington unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Both look like Remington handguards from the profile. If you can take them off and show the underside, I can tell you what Mr. Beard told me as to how to identify a Remington unit.
    Thanks Kragrifle, unfortunately I'm on call for my work so it will be a few days before I can get to them again.
    Thanks to Rick, also.

Both handguards appear to be Remington handguards.

J.B.

Thank you, Mr. Beard. I will still get photos of the inside for positive ID later.

8. Default

Digging up an old thread. I am looking for a 1903 Remington handguard. Can you show a photo of this step on the barrel end?
    Thank you!

Wow, this is an old thread. Sorry about the "Checks in the mail" comment about posting pictures later. I forgot, then life got crazy. I've gone through 3 computers since then and unfortunately lost all my 03 pics. I can post an internet photo that shows the bottom step. It's not the best. I only have one handguard but if this picture doesn't cut it I will get a picture of mine (honest),

BEARWw2-Springfield-1903A3-NOS-SA-Handguard-Stock-_57.jpg

Ok, here's a picture of my handguard. Unfortunately, it is cracked towards the front end. This picture should show the groove clearer. Hope it helps.

BEAR
    DSCF7889.jpg