Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Keep looking. If worse comes to worse..probably isnt legal... You may need to borrow and photocopy. Won't be cheap but it will be a fraction of what they are gouging for.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    I looked there and on abebooks. Holy Crapoli! It's a great book but it isn't the Gutenberg Bible.
    That Amazon seller set his price in the middle. That's Crazy!
    Did you look on Skennerton.com? Search under out of print titles. It's still listed there.
    JB, It's crazy alright. Must be hugh demand for the book that drives the price that high, so make sure you keep your copy in the gun safe. I'd rather spend the money on a M1903 or possibly a M1.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    The broad arrow for $1600?? I'll sell you a copy for $160 and I will be ripping you off big time. Methinks $16 for a well used dogeared copy is more like it.

Unless you were looking at an autographed hard cover? Keep in mind Ian Skennerton has probably signed more autographs than MLB players and NASCAR drivers combined
    One of my books is signed by Skinnerton. I heard he loved to sign them at gun shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Here are a few photo of my 1944 Savage No. 4. The "51" is right above the serial number on the wrist band. I assume "VNS" and "B" are inspector marks.
    VNS is a manufacturers mark (Viners Ltd Sheffield UK - manufacturers of cutlery in peace time)

Edit to add : Whooops - I missed a page, I see it has already been answered.
    Last edited by Alan De Enfield; 02-14-2017 at 12:48.