Blog Entries

Default Reusing stripper clips.

I found about 30 from surplus ammo I shot up in the 80's. Is it possible to anneal the tabs so they won't break off?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

With care, possibly. However, they are very delicate and easily damaged. For repeated use, you might want to look at the M-98 Mauser clips. I have some that I've been using since I got them about 1985. They can be used indefinitely. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Phillip the tabs on stripper clips for the carbine are delicate at best. If they are the original type with the built in guide then there really isn't a lot you can do. They are Korean war vintage and age gets to the brass tab as does wear. I have used some of the brass inserts from .223 strippers and they do work as a replacement but the are a bit longer then the originals. These also work for the later version used during Viet Nam like the .223 stripper with a separate guide. Last made in 1973.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Phillip the tabs on stripper clips for the carbine are delicate at best. If they are the original type with the built in guide then there really isn't a lot you can do. They are Korean war vintage and age gets to the brass tab as does wear. I have used some of the brass inserts from .223 strippers and they do work as a replacement but the are a bit longer then the originals. These also work for the later version used during Viet Nam like the .223 stripper with a separate guide. Last made in 1973.
    Thanks, Tuna.

Bruce, I was referring to carbine ammo, not 3006.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 10-15-2016 at 07:35.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur