Default H & R Young America

I just came across a small old revolver. It is a H&R "Young America" 5 shot .32 #4402. It is nickel plated with a 2" barrel. Can anyone give me a guess on its age ?
    Thank you

Blog Entries

Probably 1900 ish if it's a top break.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

It is NOT a top break

My wife inherited one her grandpa carried when working as a conductor on the railroad many years ago. When researching it I found this and saved it. Hope this helps:

Here's a breakdown posted by the late H&R and Iver Johnson expert Bill Goforth in 2009:

YOUNG AMERICA DOUBLE ACTION FIRST MODEL
    (BLACK POWDER) -----------------1884-1904
    pull pin cylinder release, nickel finish standard, blue considered rare, marking on top strap only “YOUNG AMERICA DOUBLE ACTION” or “YOUNG AMERICAN DOUBLE ACTION” two frame sizes: SMALL SOLID FRAME .22 RIMFIRE 7 SHOT, octagon barrel, lengths of 2, 4½ and 6 inches, MEDIUM FRAME .32 S&W CALIBER 5 SHOT, octagon barrel, lengths of 2, 4½ and 6 inches
    First Variation will have a round barrel & nickel trigger guard-----------1884-1887
    Second Variation will have a octagon barrel & nickel trigger guard-----1888-1897
    Third Variation will have a octagon barrel , blue trigger guard and company name and address on left side of barrel--------------1897-1904

Best I could find was between 1905 and 1940. Was hoping to narrow in a little closer.