Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CPC View Post
    Dave, does that apply to all Mossberg .22's as indicated or just commercial variants? My 44US riles as well as my 144US have serial numbers and I believe they were all made before 1968, just trying to confirm. I believe my Mossberg shotgun was made post 68 and it has a serial number as expected. Regards,
    The military had Mossberg put serial numbers on the 44US and 144US rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by CPC View Post
    Dave, does that apply to all Mossberg .22's as indicated or just commercial variants? My 44US riles as well as my 144US have serial numbers and I believe they were all made before 1968, just trying to confirm. I believe my Mossberg shotgun was made post 68 and it has a serial number as expected. Regards,
    I should have excepted military contracts in my statement, the military required serial numbers. This includes the 44US, 42MB lend lease rifles, the 144US. and whatever else they may have contracted from any other company. Probably would not include small lots obtained for recreational use by units.
    Last edited by dave; 11-10-2016 at 05:24.
    You can never go home again.

3. Default

According to Madis' Winchester dates of manufacture page 46 the model 69 was not serially numbered from 1935 to 1963.

4. Default

Some civilian guns were numbered for export. Canada, Britain, Australia were a few. Mostly the cheaper Winchesters like the M67-68-69- and M72's. Pictured is a late M69-A with a serial number stamped into the bbl. Big Larry