Default My new Winchester 75

Serial number is in the 80180 range. Dont know much about them but thought this one was in too nice condition to pass up...

[URL=http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/pmclaine/media/PA117103_zpssnaslzx5.jpg.html][/URL]

Very Nice!!

Beautiful condition.

KTK

Beautiful . . . .

Manufactured in 1952! Jim

guns 019.jpgI am no Win guy either but I do know these could be had with different sight combinations. from sight cutout on stock yours looks original. Also the rifle is about 99++ condition, VERY nice. I do have several Win's and a 75, nice but not up to yours!
    Last edited by dave; 10-12-2016 at 06:04.
    You can never go home again.

Sadly I think my good fortune in finding this beautiful gun is based on the bad fortune that someones Grandpa didn't come down to breakfast.

In the settling of his affairs this was found and traded to my dealer for something probably like a plastic 9mm.

In honor of Grandpa I will shoot and care for his gun as he hoped it would be cared for.

50 yards. Targets first to last trying to tighten zero. Ammo was the surplus CMP Remington SV LR.

The last three groups of five are getting there. My eyes have a tough time on those 1.5 inch and 2 inch circles at 50 yards. I think I would do better with a bigger circle. What is the standard size small bore bull at 50 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post
    . . . What is the standard size small bore bull at 50 yards?
    See page 11 of the NRA rule book. http://compete.nra.org/documents/pdf...R/sbr-book.pdf

4.6 50 Yard Target. A-23/3 - 3 bullseyes, and A-23/5, 5 bullseyes, and A-23/6, 6 bullseyes. For use in Conventional 4-Position and 50
    yard stage of Conventional Prone competitions only. 7 through 10 rings black.

X ring ..................... 0.39 inch 7 ring ............. 3.89 inches
    10 ring .................... 0.89 inch 6 ring ............. 4.89 inches
    9 ring ................... 1.89 inches 5 ring ............. 5.89 inches
    8 ring ................... 2.89 inches

I was seeing those 2 inch and 1.5 inch circles a lot better today. Not sure if it was the light, the carrots I ate or the full moon. Something was certainly different.....