1. Default C&R handguns with a range report.

My younger son came home for the weekend and we hit the range with some C&R handguns, including an Astra 600/43 and an FN 1922 in 7.65 (.32 ACP). Somehow managed to crack a grip panel while shooting the Astra.

The FN was throwing the rounds off to the left, although it could have been the ammo---60 year old Remington "kleenbore" green box. The gilding metal seemed to be turning into lead on many of the bullets. The Astra was shooting great with new Speer 124 gr MC ammo.

The Astra... 10 rounds at 10 yards, off-hand (about 2.5")

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Beautiful pistols! Shame about the grip. Group is excellent! Hope you can repair or replace the grip. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Thanks, Bruce.

I've got a line on a replacement

4. Default

The sights on the Astra are small and require some concentration. I shot my Glock 23 on the same range outing. I was able to pick up the sights easier and shoot a little faster than the Astra, but no more accurately.

Here is my Glock 23 target...11 rounds, offhand at 10 yards

[/QUOTE]

Yep same problem I have with a lot of the older military pistol sights, picking up those diminutive sights which are black on black. Neat old pistols....

Sorry about your cracked grip on the Astra. Those old grips -- Bakelite or hard rubber -- get
    very brittle with age. What many guys do, if they wish to shoot their old pieces is to purchase
    reproduction grips to install for that trip to the range. In that way, saving the originals for display.

Their is a company called North Carolina Ordinance that makes their grips from polyurethane.
    I bought a set for my Webley and was pleased. They are very exact replica grips and are
    relatively inexpensive ($40 in my case). The fit was perfect.

I remember back in 1965 while I was at Ft. Bragg, NC that every pawn shop in and around Fayettville had Astra pistols both 400 and 600 models for sale at about $40. Almost bought a couple; wish I had but a P-38 Nazi marked pistol took my cash ($25) from a fellow GI.

8. Default

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Mike, I'll check out those repro grips