Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Issued SA 4292731 new in cosmoline at MCRD San Diego in June 1958. Carried it with me until the end of my 1st enlistment, turned in March 1962 at 7thCommBn, CamPen

Doug

Did any of you Gentlemen ever see a M1D or M1C Garand snipers while in Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Issued SA 4292731 new in cosmoline at MCRD San Diego in June 1958. Carried it with me until the end of my 1st enlistment, turned in March 1962 at 7thCommBn, CamPen
    Doug
    Somewhere around here I still have my weapons card for 2 or 3 of the rifles I was issued - which would give me the ser nrs for them. I remember that the Carbine ended in 13 - my lucky nr. - because I selected it out of the rack of available ones.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by cplnorton View Post
    Nope.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

1194967 M14 Winchester? Fort Dix, NJ; October 1964. Wish I had it now

No Sir. Didn't even know such an animal existed until I started collecting available M1s from CMP. Now I have one of each in service grade.

The CMP "issued" me my CMP Special about 7 years ago. No war stories...yet!

M1_&_M1903.jpg
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Never. On my second tour, I bullied my battalion commander into getting me two M14 sniper rifles (pre-M21) and carried one of them myself, but I never saw an M1D or C.

HELLO DOUG !! I was in 7th comm,camp horno till sept 62-- what was your plt in basic?? I was plt 188 in sept 58
    I was a wireman in radio relay and construction company

Hello Lee, I worked at BnHq with classified material. Spent lots of time in a jeep running back and forth to main side and living in a cage at the Hq. Bldg. Lived in the squad bay across the road from the motor pool. Deployed to Taiwan for Operation Blue Star. Was in Platoon 349 which was the first in 3 years to qualify 100% at the range. Shot intermurals with the Bn rifle team for a couple of years.