Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    Some years ago there was a shooter named Glen Devries-he worked at SARCO here in New Jersey, I never talked to him but saw him when I visited there.
    He died from injuries received firing an M1895 Lee Navy. Not sure of the exact cause, all I can say is be careful.
    If I recall the story correctly he was shooting the Lee with reloads and the first shot the case showed bad signs of excess pressure. He should have stopped! His 2nd shot the case blew and sent the bolt or parts of it back into his forehead. They said there were unfired rds on the bench that he was using that I believe when checked contained Unique powder in them. I think they suspect a overload or double charge of the powder. That's to the best of my memory, Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 10-06-2016 at 08:15.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rayg View Post
    If I recall the story correctly he was shooting the Lee with reloads and the first shot the case showed bad signs of excess pressure. He should have stopped! His 2nd shot the case blew and sent the bolt or parts of it back into his forehead. They said there were unfired rds on the bench that he was using that I believe when checked contained Unique powder in them. I think they suspect a overload or double charge of the powder. That's to the best of my memory, Ray
    I think that's what Doug Bowser told me long ago. He spoke with him many times over the phone.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

Here is a good thread for Mr. deRuiter's event. Never use .30-40 brass as the parent case for 6mm USN.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/winc...fety/#comments
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 10-06-2016 at 06:57.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

I seem to recall that it had to do with the reloading, wrong powder, and use of 30-40 brass too!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo