Default M1 clips for Honor Guard

Hi,
    Does anyone know if or where I can find clips modified for 3 shots that will stay in the rifle? We currently load 8, could load 5, could get 5 rd. hunting clips (no reason to), load 3 over 5 (won't consider). I found lots of ideas but some of the HG are up in years and there are always rounds on the floor when we unload at the VFW. I just think that 3 shot would work great, and then take the clip out when we get back.
    Thanks,

Dave

Google "making 5 round enblocs" and you will a couple of methods--just make 'em 3 round enblocs

Blog Entries

I'd buy Holbrook devices that keep the clips in the gun till the clip eject is pressed.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

Make a 3 rnd clip the way a 5 rnd is done, then cut a tab that can be bent out and hook into the receiver like with a SLED.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Holbrook Device is the best suggestion. Once the clip is empty (absent a retainer tab) it's going to eject. Years ago our HG loaded 3 blanks and one dummy round. You fired 3, then the rifle was put on safe. No clip ejected to detract from the ceremony.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Thanks to all for your replies.
    dave

7. Default

Have many that were made for SD hunters- Can only have 3 in your clip for here. mbgarand@rushmore.com Deb

Hi,
    Can you tell me where I might get 6? We generally use 4-6 Garands and 2 - 4 '03s. Only the M1's are fired.

Thanks,

Dave