Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An 1895 Winchester-Lee a C&R or an antique?

Just for curiosity, is an original 1895 Navy Winchester-Lee an antique or a Curio & Relic, as far as the BATF is concerned? After what they do with "splitting" Krags, I thought it best to ask.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Rick, I think they may have quit making them by 1899. The Marines had all of them they needed by then. DIck? 5?

jn

Could well be. I was just curious. Got one on the way and I have it covered, either way.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Lets see it when you get it. I have one and used to reload and shoot it, Ray

You can be sure of that. This one will be taken out and petted at frequent periods, (especially when I watch "55 Days at Peking") but not shot.

Here's two views of it:

P1310085_zps5rcgsg6y.jpgP1310089_zpsrikwicm8.jpg
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 09-21-2016 at 02:08.
    --C.S. Lewis

Nice! Almost acquired one but got outbid ......... By a REDICULOUS amount.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

7. Default

Here is an answer for you, Rick.

http://winchestercollector.org/models/model-1895-lee/

Another live rifle I can add to my census.
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 09-22-2016 at 12:49.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

CJ, thanks, an absolutely excellent rundown on this rifle!!

I've wanted one of these rifles for eons and looking forward to its' coming! Will share more pictures when I get it.
    --C.S. Lewis

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    CJ, thanks, an absolutely excellent rundown on this rifle!!

I've wanted one of these rifles for eons and looking forward to its' coming! Will share more pictures when I get it.
    Just remember. No reformed krag brass in the rifle. You don't want to end up with a hole in your head. Reformed 25-06, good. Reformed .220 Swift, good.

Here are two links for you.
    http://www.forgottenweapons.com/m1895-lee-handbook/
    http://www.forgottenweapons.com/m1895-lee-rifle-manual/
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 09-22-2016 at 06:36.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

10. Default

Now you need a second one. Or is it I need a third one? How much do you want for yours?