Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FWIW, My Remington 1903 has an unboxed "RLB" that is neatly stamped, aligned, and closely spaced. Serial # is 3185260 and barrel date of 7-42. Beard says "overlap" exists which sounds likely. Maybe Remington had more than one worker using the RLB stamps ( pure conjecture on my part).

And another - SN 3223808 9-42 Unboxed RLB I suppose this would be considered an overlap into FJA territory as far as the stock goes, but I've had it for a long time - 1963. I've seen one or two other 10-42 RLB, but couldn't say if they were original.

Usually, I thought FJA came in about 3,200,000 but with all the other "abnormalities" existing within Remington M1903s, I would be surprised a bit.

As I recall, Frank J. Atwood took over from Roy L. Bowlin about July, 1942, but, like with other markings there was certainly a time of "overlap.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

4. Default

What about 3178222? Boxed RLB , no grasping grooves? Correct as original ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    What about 3178222? Boxed RLB , no grasping grooves? Correct as original ?
    A rifle not far from that serial number has been reliably reported with a boxed RLB. But the rifle is very much the exception and has not been authenticated.

J.B.