1. Default New to me Saginaw S'G' pic heavy

I recently purchased this carbine and I'd like to get opinions on it. It was not marketed as anything other than a shooter grade gun and was quite dirty from recent firing. I'm no expert but it seems to me it might be better than advertised. When I bought it there was no screw or sling swivel on the barrel band, I replaced the missing parts with repo parts (there discoloration on the hand guard from the tape holding it together). I believe it is S'G' marked but the mark between the S and G is very difficult to make out. The stock is a high wood oval cut stock marked SG, I'm not sure if there are prime marks on it as its relatively light, there are crossed cannons that are very faint. I'll post more pictures shortly. Thanks in advance for all the comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

The sear and safety are unmarked, hammer, trigger and mag catch are all SG marked. Front sight unmarked except for the number 6 on the side.

3. Default

The flip sight has an S on the left side, unfortunately the right side is pretty damaged and I can't make any stamping a out, I don't see any other markings. Also there don't seem to be any stake marks on the dovetail.

4. Default

The bolt is marked S'G', the trigger housing is SG, the forearm is two rivet marked RSG, the slide is marked with two flaming bombs and the letter B. The butt plate is marked PM-IP.

Very nice put together carbine. Good combination of early and later parts on it. Depending on how much you paid for it you may have hit it big with the original parts on it since it is an S'G' carbine.

6. Default

Thank you for the information, I paid $800 for it which seemed to be more than fair from what I've seen. I did not get to fully disassemble it before purchasing it, it wasn't until I had it home before I saw all the Saginaw parts. I assume when you say put together carbine, it means that these are not the correct parts for the gun as the parts are from different eras? Thanks again

There were two different Saginaw Gear companies who made carbines. Yours seems to be mostly S'G' for Saginaw Grand Rapids Michigan. Some parts like the trigger housing and the internals are S.G. for Saginaw at Saginaw Michigan. Someone didn't know the difference and used the wrong housing thinking it was the same. But any good carbine is worth $800 non import for sure. You did OK with your purchase.