Default Finally, a day at the range

After remodeling our kitchen for the past month, Wifey said I could take a day off. So, I packed some handguns and lots of ammo.
    Weather guy was saying rain, but, it was just overcast and 70 degrees. Perfect! I had put new Marbles sights on my old Ruger Redhawk and got it sighted in. My new S&W M&P 45 got it's first workout too. My carry gun, a 1911 45 had it's share of fun too. I also took my wife's new Ruger SR22 and ran about 100 rounds thru it without a hitch. No body else at the range so I got a goodly amount of range brass for my scrap bucket which I sell to the local scrap yard. Good day! Now, tomorrow I finish up details of remodel.

Good for you! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I rarely see anyone at the two ranges that I belong to (one in Pittsburgh and the other 110 miles to the north near our summer home), but recently, I took my favorite shooter, the Winchester M1917, to the range near our summer home and met two guys who were shooting their handguns. I noticed an "Airborne" decal on the rear window of the only other car in the parking lot and once I saw them, I knew that they were Vietnam Vets. They immediately noticed my M1917 and had to take a closer look at it. it's truly an impressive rifle that has attracted much attention before at the Pittsburgh range. Turns out, they were both chopper pilots during the war and served with the 101st. We had a awesome conversation over our guns, our wartime experiences, our jobs, our retirements, etc. etc. This isn't the first time one of my old military rifles lead to a fleeting friendship with another target shooter at the range and probably won't be the last.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-23-2016 at 04:54.