Thread: Bayonet Maker

Default Bayonet Maker

A friend showed me a bayonet similar to the WWII version for O3's and M1's, but the markings at the base of the blade were as follows,

60-6
    O KS

The O shows where a small circle within a larger circle was located. Angular rays extend between the circles. I thought it might be a Korean or Japanese version but I will let it up to the blade experts to set me right.

Does it have a small blade similar to M1 carbine? Sounds Korean by markings.
    You can never go home again.

Taiwanese M1 Bayonet

This is another example of a foreign manufactured bayonet that is identical in appearance to its US counterpart. The bayonet was manufactured in Taiwan. The blade is marked 60-6 over a symbol and the letters KS. It is believed that the 60-6 stands for June 1960, a possible date of manufacture. The grips are marked on the interior surface with M1 KS and a symbol, believed to be right and left.

All the scabbards I’ve seen have had the front of the throat ground. I believe they were old US M7 scabbard throats and the marks were removed by grinding. The scabbard body has a symbol of some type on the front and back, molded right into the plastic. The entire scabbard is painted with a dark green paint.

Overall length 370 mm
    Blade length 251 mm
    Blade thickness 5.7 mm
    Blade width 26.4 mm

I missed the description of the throat ground, It sounds like you have explained the history of the bayonet gwp, thanks.