Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB P17 stock

Default WTB P17 stock

Hi all.... a friend has a very nice P17, all military except the stock was cut. If anyone has a decent stock for sale, please let me know. Need hardware too, except for buttplate. Thanks!

Dang. So was mine. I could use a stock also. No hardware.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I have a Remington P17 with a JA barrel. Got it years ago. It had a POS stock. Back then, Numrich had them. I bought one that was covered in dirt and grime. But it cleaned up to be a perfect stock. Seems like it was less than $100 then. Ahh, the good old days!

Just joined the US MODEL OF 1917 WINCHESTER club... Already got the itch to burn some powder... But i've read we 17ers have to watch out for the Model of 1917 snobs as to calling our beloved ladies 'P-17s'... They'll sneek uponus and file our front sights down... Crazy, i know... but i think they're voting for 'hillariou klinten'..
    bombdog...
    P.S.
    What do we call these things??? "That dang English rifle"???
    Last edited by bombdog; 08-29-2016 at 10:48.
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Forgot the reply was about the stock... i was gonna say i would as well like to come across a nice (relative term) Winny stock for miss kate...
    bombdog, out here...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Bombdog, you are so funny! Your strict enforcement of grammar and nomenclature sounds a lot like my liberal associates at work.....are YOU voting for Ms Billary????

Naah, i think her husband spoiled it for me back in 95 when her first term of office's administration sent me out the army door...
    Ya gotta stay smilin these daze, iffun ya dont, it'll just drown ya...
    i've been to a bunch of 3rd world countries, and a couple that weren't that just oppressed the people as a whole... And i still say, as bad as things are, we still (as of right now) live in the best country in the world...
    Keep smiling gents...
    bombdog, out here...

There are a couple M1917 stocks in this section of olguns.net: http://oldguns.net/catacc.htm#Parts

Maybe one will be suitable.

Sarco has a few advertised in Shot, er, Firearms News. Regards, Clark

Thanks Stripper clip and Clark. Checked both, would be nice to find something right between the brand new one and the humped up one ;>)

Still, more than I have seen so far.