1. Default M1 carbines range report

Got a chance for a quick trip to the range and took my Inland and Underwood carbines with me.

Only shot them at 50 yards this trip, but they seem to shoot pretty well...

The Underwood:

And the Inland:

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Good shooting. I got my Underwood Extractor fixed and got it back to the range. I'm out of the old Winchester white box I had been using. Bought some Privi and it ate it all. Completely bagged my best group was 4 inches (5 shots at 100 yards) I'm still amazed how loud these carbines are. I think is as loud as my L.E.No 5 mark 1.

Loud? Short barrels and fast powder make for some real barks!
    Remember that the carbine was designed to shoot into 4 inches at 100 yards. Most will do better, but that was the minimum accuracy required to pass inspection.

4. Default

Thanks, guys. I started out to do 5 shot groups, but the carbines are just so much fun that I went with 10 rounds.

The Inland has a 5-43 or 5-48 Inland barrel on it. It is hard to tell which. The Underwood has an undated Winchester barrel. The Underwood also has a Universal Windings receiver.

Last edited by Calfed; 08-31-2016 at 12:06.

It would be 5-43 for your Inland barrel. They stopped making carbines and barrels at the end of WW2 in 1945.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    It would be 5-43 for your Inland barrel. They stopped making carbines and barrels at the end of WW2 in 1945.
    Thanks, Tuna