Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting Pop Ups With This Site

Hi

This just started happening and its only on this site. I go to new posts and I get security tacking pop ups. Now I'm getting F@@k free pop ups. Its only on this site. Any ideas. I've run Malware bytes and its not finding anything?
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Problem was fixed a couple of days ago. You need to clear out your browser's cache (cookies) and the problem will disappear.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I use the Google browser Chrome and have had no issues whatsoever. I would never use Explorer because it's so easily riddled with viruses.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 08-29-2016 at 10:20.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Problem was fixed a couple of days ago. You need to clear out your browser's cache (cookies) and the problem will disappear.
    I started to do this, but when warned that all my passwords (which I can't remember!) would be deleted, I balked. So I changed by pop-up blocker setting to "maximum," and it seems to be working, as for the first time since the hack-attack, I'm able to access the site without being diverted to another site.

I'm getting something every time I click on ANYTHING on Jouster. Onclickads.net - a blank screen shows up. Help!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I'm getting all that stuff too.

jn

Blog Entries

Switch to CHROME.
    This site has been running fine for me.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    Switch to CHROME.
    This site has been running fine for me.
    BUT it's also running fine for me on stock Internet Explorer. (After I reset the pop-up blocker, that is.)

My computer guru swears by Firefox, but I'm afraid to make major changes when I don't know what to expect.

I selectively cleaned out all my cookies except the ones I knew held passwords. No joy there. there is something hacked about Jouster at this time. Watever you do, do **not** click n any of the pages/links that come up!

jn

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    I selectively cleaned out all my cookies except the ones I knew held passwords. No joy there.

jn
    Didn't even know it could be done selectively--thought it was all or none, which is why I didn't try it.