Default Brit Knows More About M1 Than Many Of Us

Love it. But everyone knows.

Awesome video!!! Thanks very much for sharing this...
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

4. Default

Great video. Thanks for sharing!!!

Blog Entries

Two errors:

A shooter can not get M1 thumb loading the rifle.

The bolt should be ridden halfway closed before letting it fly home single loading to avoid a slam fire. The friction of the bolt on the rounds in the magazine slow it's travel in normal operation.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

6. Default

I'm a Garand neophyte, so I'll withhold comments on errors, but I've been watching "bloke" for the past month or so and I like his videos. He's got a great sense of humor as well as being very knowledgeable with firearms. I love his Enfield Frankenrifle.

Nice mate...

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    Two errors:

A shooter can not get M1 thumb loading the rifle.

The bolt should be ridden halfway closed before letting it fly home single loading to avoid a slam fire. The friction of the bolt on the rounds in the magazine slow it's travel in normal operation.
    I caught the 'M1 Thumb while loading' comment too but it's a common misconception that's been out there for a long time so I'll cut him some slack. I also disagree with his statement that M1 disassembly is complicated. I find it very easy to take apart; especially the trigger assembly. Bolt disassembly can be accomplished without removal from the rifle which is my preferred method. I also feel that the safety is one of the best. Otherwise, it's an informative video that entertains as well.
    Last edited by Rock; 09-03-2016 at 11:06.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I caught the 'M1 Thumb while loading' comment too but it's a common misconception that's been out there for a long time so I'll cut him some slack. I also disagree with his statement that M1 disassembly is complicated. I find it very easy to take apart; especially the trigger assembly. Bolt disassembly can be accomplished without removal from the rifle which is my preferred method. I also feel that the safety is one of the best. Otherwise, it's an informative video that entertains as well.
    Yes, I like the safety, but all these pistol operators are so ingrained with finger down the side have permeated the M1 shooters.

When I used to hunt with my M1, I ground the radius down so it wouldn't make a loud click.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur