Thread: WIN-13 Values

1. Default WIN-13 Values

A few days ago, a WIN-13 went for $3,700 on a Jack the Dog auction. Not a bad rifle, but it had a very dim cartouche. Is this the normal value of a WIN-13? I have one that is nicer and it is the only Garand I own. Could mine be worth that much? By the book, it is 100% correct. Big Larry

Can't say for sure on 100% correct. I sold a mix master Win-13 for 1500.00 this year. It probably fell in the condition of a CMP service grade. I have an all correct International Harvester GAP letter Garand. He offered me $2200.00 for it but I passed. $3700.00 sounds high, some are staged fake auctions but sometimes two guys with money get in a bidding war and then that happens.

It's really hard to gauge them. I think it was about 2006 or 2007 that one sold for like $7000 or $8000 on gunbroker. I remember after it sold, everyone talked about it on all the forums. I had a couple original WIN13's at this time and figured it was a good time to cash in on them. I think I tried to sell mine afterwards and I got like $4500 for one and $5500 for the other one. Both were pretty mint honestly.

I know the market right now is really down. It's very much a buyer's market, and anything you sell for above about 2k, it's very hit or miss on the available buyers.

It's probably pretty hard to guage a price right now. Just because the market is in so much flux it seems.
    Last edited by cplnorton; 08-27-2016 at 04:09.

On a side note if I was interested in buying a nice original Win13, I would easily expect to pay the Jack the Dog price for one. Nothing with the WRA name is cheap if you want original.

5. Default

Thanks guys. The rifle was a gift from a friend in Alabama. No plans to sell. Just wondering. Thanks, Big Larry