Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Hi Herschel
    Another bit of trivia - when you find reworked 1922's the replacement bolts have not been numbered, at least in my experience.

Blog Entries

I have owned one Model of 1922 that had been upgraded with the M2 bolt and have handled a couple of others. I don't recall if the bolts had been numbered to the receiver.

3. Default

Are the bolts ever numbered with the full serial number on the bottom of the bolt...electro penciled? 1922M11 btw
    Last edited by Ls6man; 09-03-2016 at 05:04.

Blog Entries

The bolts of the 1922M1, 1922MII and M2 were always numbered with the complete serial number of the rifle.
    Last edited by Herschel; 09-03-2016 at 08:06.

Blog Entries

Deleted as this was a duplicate post.
    Last edited by Herschel; 09-03-2016 at 08:08.

6. Default

So I'm assuming the rifles full serial will be electro penciled on the bolt underside. I've seen bolts that were electro penciled as well as stamped near the lugs hence why I was asking.

7. Default

I have only seen the number on the main body of the bolt. On the top for 30 caliber and bottom for the 22's.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    I have only seen the number on the main body of the bolt. On the top for 30 caliber
    The ONLY thing I don't love about my NRA Sporter; but I can live with it.

Blog Entries

The last of the NRA Sporters had the serial number on the bottom of the bolt. When the bolt is out of he receiver the extractor hides the sn. The extractor has to be rotated to see the sn.

I am not sure of the date, nor of the rifle sn, that the sn location was moved to the bottom.

Herschel