Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inland #158829

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Second what Rob. W. said; find some bright shade. Also white does not make a good background for your average pocket digital camera. It sees all the white background and exposes the photo correctly for the background instead of the Carbine.

Wow much better. Camera I have isn't a pocket camera, but a nikon 5500 dslr. Only thing expensive the douche didn't take. Still figuring out how to use it, as she was the photographer.

With that sn and the 42 barrel, do you think my 2.9 mil would figure about 1944??? i'm a bit new to the real carbines, my first one was a 'Universal' when i was about 15 or so about 77 or 78...
    Yours looks great...
    bombdog, out...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

About November 1943 or so for your serial number. What is the barrel date if it's an Inland barrel?

Underwood 2/44...
    i think she may be a Korea rework, she has the m2 stock and bayonet lug front band... She has a flat bolt, a dog leg hammer, but a late rear sight and safety...
    bombdog...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

It is unusual to find a dogleg hammer in a rebuild! Its you lucky day! go buy a lottery ticket.

6. Default

Nice Inland, glad you were able to keep it. I have Inland # 156,249, an original rifle. My barrel date is 1-43. Shows how they were not assembled in numerical order.
    Last edited by 6kidsdad; 08-27-2016 at 09:09.

On early Inlands you cannot go by the barrel dates. Barrel production was ahead of receiver production by up to 3 or more months but mostly about 3 months ahead. So there were early dates and later dates mixed in the parts bins when the carbines was assembled. It was not till later in 1943 that receiver and barrels were at the same level of production. Both of the carbines were made about January 1943.