Thread: Armscor M206

1. Default Armscor M206

Picked up a Armscor M206 recently. Pretty satisfied with it. Seems to be a very good value.

I've seen the things sitting on the shelves like they've got some disease. They seem to be a decent little revolver, and perhaps people will take a shine to 'em, like they did with the Taurus brand.
    From what little I've seen of them, they look more like they copied the little Colt than the Smith, is that Your impression? Coil springs, or leaf main? How's the lockup when the trigger is pulled? I like that they're six rounds, instead of five. Pretty much the same reasons that I preferred the Colt over the S&W small revolvers back in the 70's when I first started shopping for such a weapon. The hammer spur seems to me like it would snag on everything in sight, but I see they also have a "hammerless" version, as well. Nothing that a few minutes with a Dremel couldn't take care of, in any event.
    These days, I can't afford to buy a pig in a poke, so I'd be interested to hear how yours has treated you after it gets some 'exercise' down the road.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 01-20-2017 at 08:29.

3. Default

Darreld-

Coil spring. Lockup is not real tight but not excessive. So far timing has been perfect. Probably have about 200 rounds through it with zero problems. Finish is not great but does the job for the price and seems durable. Accuracy is very good. Single action and double action trigger pulls are very good. I have not weighed them. Hammer is long - may or may not snag depending on how you carry it. They do make, as you noted, a DAO version - no hammer spur. Comes with two grips - the classic wood and larger rubber type. The wood grips are "cute" but once you try the rubber you won't put the wood back on IMHO. Armscor seems to consistently get very good reviews on all their products.
    I can't afford a good fart right now so even in the $250.00 range I purchased mine on layaway. Bottom line - I highly recommend these - based on the experience I've had with mine.